From: Bill Steele <>
Subject: Re: Guns and parachutes in movies
Full headers:
From: Bill Steele <>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2018 14:17:52 -0500
On 2018-02-28 23:41:23 +0000, alvey said:

> On Wed, 28 Feb 2018 17:38:25 -0500, moviePig wrote:
>>> Aside from the fact that one is designed to save lives and the other one is
>>> designed to take them.
>>> HTH
>> Not if you give the guns to the right people.  (The right people are the
>> ones who want only to kill the wrong people.  WCGW?)
> Absolutely nothing.
> Besides, guns don't kill people, parachutes kill people.

They do. There have been people who had their parachute get stuck in a
tree and died before being found. There may also have been people who
have were smothered to death in a parachute. Not to mention those where
the parachute failed.

The parallel is still good: Parachutes don't kill people; people who
don't use parachutes properly kill people.  Including, sometimes,

To fully support the 2nd Amendment we should require that anyone
purchasing a gun submit evidence of membership in a well-regulated militia.