From: Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com>
Subject: Re: Guns and parachutes in movies
From: Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2018 09:18:16 +1300
On 2018-03-01 19:17:52 +0000, Bill Steele said:
> On 2018-02-28 23:41:23 +0000, alvey said:

>>> Not if you give the guns to the right people.  (The right people are the
>>> ones who want only to kill the wrong people.  WCGW?)
>>
>> Absolutely nothing.
>> Besides, guns don't kill people, parachutes kill people.
>
> They do. There have been people who had their parachute get stuck in a
> tree and died before being found. There may also have been people who
> have were smothered to death in a parachute. Not to mention those where
> the parachute failed.
>
> The parallel is still good: Parachutes don't kill people; people who
> don't use parachutes properly kill people.  Including, sometimes,
> themselves.
>
> To fully support the 2nd Amendment we should require that anyone
> purchasing a gun submit evidence of membership in a well-regulated
> militia.

Nope. More like thay should have to go through a six-month "Gun Owners
Course" and pass the final exams, plus annual re-tests, plus have
weekly psychiatric assessments (of course, the simple fact that most
*want* to even own a gun without any actual *need* means they'll
instantly fail that last one).