From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Weinstein Company sold
Full headers:
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2018 10:59:09 -0500
On 3/2/2018 10:51 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <p7bnv2$3lp$1@dont-email.me>, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 3/2/2018 9:35 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:

>>> So, what, about $25 apiece?
>>
>> I suspect this $90million set aside will bring more claims out of the
>> woodwork.
>
> Oh, absolutely.
>
>>>    keep the 150 or so employees employed,
>>>
>>> Because none of them were complicit
>>
>> I think the complicit employees already quit the company and filed
>> lawsuits claiming that they were victims.  I hope there is a way to
>> exclude them from any payouts.  As for complicit board members...yes,
>> they probably all need to be replaced, even if some of them did start
>> protesting in the later years.
>>
>>>    and promises
>>>
>>> Because that shouldn't send her straight to prison.
>>>
>>> Oh, wait, yes, it should.
>>
>> I have no idea why they think statements like that aren't proof of
>> sexual discrimination.
>
> I know!  Can you imagine if they'd said "we ain't gonna have no stupid
> broads on the board"
>
>    Maybe the board is filled with unpaid positions
>> so it doesn't count as a job?
>
> LOL.  I'm unclear on what an 'executive board' does anyway.

They are the ones who vote to increase the salary of the CEO as long as
he promises to pay all the sexual assault claims out of his own pocket
going forward.

The real trick is that various CEOs of various companies can agree to be
on the board of directors for each other's companies...and then they can
literally sit around giving each other huge raises and guaranteed stock
options.