From: BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com>
Subject: Re: What will PROVE political-correctness dominates over objectivity at the Oscars will be...
Full headers:
From: BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2018 11:00:28 -0800
In article <p7fu5u$97h$1@gioia.aioe.org>,
 Your Name<YourName@YourISP.com> wrote:

> On 2018-03-04 02:54:08 +0000, RichA said:
>
> > ...if "Get Out" beats "Dunkirk" for Best Picture. "Get Out" was fine,
> > a good horror, but it was not Best Picture calibre.
>
> Here in New Zealand they've just had the WIFT Awards ... "Women in Film
> & Television Awards". If it had been a men-only awards show there would
> have been hell to pay from the "Politically Correct" / "Equality"
> nutters. Talk about hypocritcal, sexist crap ... they wouldn't know
> actual "equality" if it came up an bit them in the backside!  :-\

I have a good friend who's an actress of some note, but she's quick to
take offense if you call her an actress. She'll say, "I'm an actor.
There's no difference between a male actor and female actor."

I once asked her if that means she'll stand true to her principles and
turn down an Emmy or an Oscar for Best Actress should she ever be
awarded one. I was given the "But that's different!" stare of annoyance.