> Prev
From: Bill Anderson <billanderson601@yahoo.com>
Subject: THE SHAPE OF WATER (2017)
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
From: Bill Anderson <billanderson601@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2018 20:43:52 -0600
A mute cleaning woman discovers a man/fish being held captive in a
government lab and things go on from there.  This film has been
nominated for a host of Academy Awards and I don't get it, I just don't
get it. I kept wondering for whom this movie had been made.  Fans of
comic book movies? Fans of romance movies? Fans of 50s monster movies?
No to all that, Shirley, and it certainly wasn't made for the likes of
me. The Snidely Whiplash villains were cardboard cartoon caricatures,
the fishman was wearing a replica of the rubber suit worn by the
Creature from the Black Lagoon, the acting was adequate but uninspired,
there wasn't a single story element I hadn't encountered before, nothing
special here, why did they make this waste-of-time silly movie?

And HOW did it get nominated for Best Picture?  No...just no.

Bill Anderson

I am the Mighty Favog