From: super70s <super70s@super70s.invalid>
Subject: Re: Oscar ratings crash - maybe the lowest of all time
From: super70s <super70s@super70s.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2018 08:41:56 -0600

> "Jimmy Kimmel claimed he was keeping this year's Oscars positive, but the
> ratings were anything but.
>
> The politically charged 2018 Academy Awards were down 15.6 percent
> compared to the 2017 viewership with an 18.9 rating in Nielsen's overnight
> numbers from 8-11 p.m. ET, according to TheWrap.

I don't think I'm even going to monitor the big moments in real time
after this last one, jeez it was dull and went on way too long.

Apparently only Jimmy Kimmel (or some other ABC personality) will be
allowed to host as long as the Oscars are broadcast on that network,
that's how brutal the cross-marketing has become. NBC and CBS are
similarly guilty for the awards shows airing on their networks.

> Media Research Center Vice President Dan Gainor told Fox News that people
> shouldn't be surprised that the show turned political and featured "divisive,
> left-wing politics" throughout the four-hour event.
>
> "The Tinseltown elite genuinely hate the people they expect will pay to see
> their movies and watch their TV shows," Gainor said. "Why do we support
> them?"

Sounds like "Media Research Center" exists solely to spin for the right,
like Razzmuzzen.