From: moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
Subject: Re: Oscar ratings crash - maybe the lowest of all time
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
From: moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2018 13:30:30 -0500
On 3/6/2018 1:19 PM, super70s wrote:
> In article <p7mg2n$kdp$1@dont-email.me>, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com>
> wrote:
>
>> WONDER WOMAN didn't get nominated to pull in the popular film crowd.
>> I know my desire to even watch went from low to zero when THE BIG SICK
>> didn't get nominated for Best Picture.
>
> The way they've expanded the nominees list in recent years you'd think
> they would have gone "what the hell let's add them too," WW particularly
> for the women's cause de jour.
>
> If they thought WW was too pedestrian what about the big fuss over LOTR
> a few years back.

LOTR was a game-changer, WW was just the latest player.  Meanwhile, the
nominee-list hasn't been expanded indiscriminately, but rather only to
include all films receiving 5% of #1 votes -- i.e., those movies that,
from a list shortened to 10 or fewer, could conceivably win B.P.

--

   YOUR taste at work...