From: trotsky <>
Subject: Re: Oscar ratings crash - maybe the lowest of all time
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
From: trotsky <>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2018 15:14:22 -0600
On 3/5/18 9:56 PM, Obveeus wrote:
> On 3/5/2018 10:35 PM, bermuda999 wrote:
>> On Monday, March 5, 2018 at 11:08:11 AM UTC-5, Irish Ranger wrote:
>>> "Jimmy Kimmel claimed he was keeping this year's Oscars positive,
>>> but the ratings were anything but.
>>> The politically charged 2018 Academy Awards were down 15.6 percent
>>> compared to the 2017 viewership with an 18.9 rating in Nielsen’s
>>> overnight numbers from 8-11 p.m. ET, according to TheWrap.
>> The 2018 NASCAR Daytona 500 earned a 5.3 rating and 9.3 million
>> viewers on FOX, down 20% in ratings and 22% in viewership from last
>> year (6.6, 11.9M) and down 20% and 18% respectively from 2016 (6.6,
>> 11.4M). The 2018 NASCAR Daytona 500 audience was the smallest in the
>> history of the race
> These two rating drops (Oscars and NASCAR) put in even greater
> perspective how amazing it is that the Super Bowl suffered a fairly
> small ratings drop.

> The Oscars, hosted for the second consecutive year by ABC late night host Jimmy Kimmel, is not the
only perennial program being hit by the changes in viewing habits. The Grammy Awards on CBS were
down 24% this year to 19.8 million viewers — the lowest audience level in nine years, while NBC's
telecast of Super Bowl LII was off 7% to 103.4 million viewers, the lowest total since 2009.

So we have drops in NASCAR, Grammys, the Super Bowl, in addition to the
Oscars.  Sounds like a fucking trend to me, and not the Breitbart
bullshit of the Oscars themselves being fucked.