From: Tony Cooper <tonycooper214@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Lightroom CC
Full headers:
From: Tony Cooper <tonycooper214@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2017 00:01:49 -0400
On Mon, 23 Oct 2017 22:12:26 -0400, Davoud<star@sky.net> wrote:

>Tony Cooper:
>> The following are observations and comments on the new Lightroom CC
>> and not at all criticisms.  Each of us who use Lightroom have our own
>> workflow that we've become used to and a requirement to change that
>> workflow is usually not viewed well.  And, each of us has different
>> needs.
>
>I have been in a secret underground bunker for some time as a beta
>tester for Lightroom Classic CC and Lightroom CC. I thought of myself
>as a representative of the advanced-amateur cohort. I bought Lightroom
>when it first appeared and ran it alongside Aperture. I saw the
>handwriting on the wall long before Apple discontinued Aperture and
>transitioned to Lightroom for all of my asset management and
>pre-processing well before Apple discontinued Aperture.
>
>Even so, I don't yet have a complete handle on how I will use the two
>new apps together. I know how they work, learned some of Adobe's
>thinking, even accepted the mistake Adobe made in naming the apps, but
>I haven't settled on a personal workflow.
>
>Executive summary: Your points make sense, but readers should bear in
>mind that Lightroom CC is four days old. It's version 1. I doubt that
>anyone has mastered all of the ins and outs at this point. much less
>settled on a workflow. Let's see what it looks like a year from now.
>
>> I have no particular need for, or interest in, access to LR from more
>> than one work station.  But, I downloaded LR CC and gave it a run.
>
>Why not give it a run!

I have openly declared that the major advantage - the ability to
access and work on images without being tied to the home workstation -
is not something that resonates with me.  That doesn't prejudice me in
reviewing working with the product, but it does make me a bit less
enthusiastic about learning a new workflow.

But, like many users of this type of app, I couldn't resist trying it
out.

It can be tantamount to having lunch with Tom