From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Subject: Re: A lightroom question
Full headers:
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 09:55:08 -0700
From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Newsgroups: alt.photography, rec.photo.digital
On Oct 25, 2017, PeterN wrote
(in article<osqdji017ak@news3.newsguy.com>):

> I use Lightroom CC Classic and Photoshop CC.
> I send images to various people and competitions. Before I send the
> image I place it in a dedicated folder. Sometimes, while reviewing the
> images, I see something that should be changed. If it is a JPEG image I
> color space changes, and re-save. All of that takes a lot of time. Does
> anyone know how to directly save the change using only LR? I don't want
> to do this on JPEG files, but only on tiff.

How are you sending the images, individual, or a folder of images, Dropbox,
or Adobe CC?

One way to make the change adjustment to any image file. JPEG, PSD, TIFF,
when using LR is to use the export dialog. Using my method you can readjust
JPEGs without degradation.

I usually start with a virtual copy in Lightroom and make the
edits/adjustments. When I think the image is ready for export, I go to the
export dialog where I have presets for various cloud services such as
Dropbox, or Adobe CC. I might have a Dropbox “DEMO” folder, or an Adobe
“Project x” folder, and I can designate sub-folders if I need them. I can
export adjusted originals, resized, or in the case of JPEGs, resized, and
comprerssion level.

<https://www.dropbox.com/s/gcyqgy6o1ckr47k/screenshot_206.png>

If I find that the edited image exported to DB, or Adobe CC needs further
adjustment, I just go to Lightroom and make the new adjustments to the LR
virtual copy. I then re-export without changing the export file name. A
dialog/warning window will open advising that the file name already exists.
You will be given several options; Overwrite, which will overwrite and
replace the existing TIFF/JPEG ; Skip to skip the existing file; “Use
Unique Names” which will add a number to the file name giving you two
copies in the export location.

--

Regards,
Savageduck