From: newshound <newshound@stevejqr.plus.com>
Subject: Re: OT, kinda, video
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
From: newshound <newshound@stevejqr.plus.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 20:37:11 +0100
On 25/10/2017 17:07, Savageduck wrote:
> On Oct 25, 2017, Tony Cooper wrote
> (in article<5591vcd6pp5v5bgl84bltjnmdbhpn28ld3@4ax.com>):
>
>> While this isn't directly related to photography, it will be
>> interesting to some here.
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wxc3mKqKTk&feature=youtu.be
>>
>> There are those here who can't understand why someone would be
>> interested in still doing film photography or developing their own
>> film. Those still shooting film, though, have an appreciation for the
>> "old way" and an admiration of the mechanics involved.
>>
>> The video is about a guy who has a similar appreciation and admiration
>> in a somewhat related area.
>
> Yup! That was interesting.

+1

> Old technology is always interesting, just think of steam engines, or
> warbirds.

All these memories will be lost in time....

We were lucky in the UK with steam locomotives because a lot of them
ended up rotting gently in scrap yards for long enough for them to be
recoverable by restoration groups.

About fifteen years ago I was working on the defuelling of the Calder
Hall nuclear reactors which started up in 1956. There was some very
creative engineering in the fuel handling and reactor control systems,
but no interest in saving any of the hardware. Soon, all that is left
will be photographs.