From: Dimitris Tzortzakakis <noone@nospam.com>
Subject: Re: Scanning 35mm negs and slides
From: Dimitris Tzortzakakis <noone@nospam.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 16:37:54 +0300
Στις 24/10/2017 4:26 μμ, ο newshound έγραψε:
> I have an ancient (and almost unused) Dimage Scan Dual IV which I
> believe was well rated in its day. Is it still worth taking the trouble
> to try to get it working on Win 10 (I also have a Macbook Pro and a Unix
> box)? No current drivers from Minolta/Konica I understand, should I
> invest in VueScan, or something else?
>
> Or would it be easier just to buy something more recent? Not looking to
> spend "professional" money, but not bargain basement either.
I'm not sure about getting it to work on win10, it might as well be
impossible. I have a Rollei scanner, which is standalone and takes an SD
card, and is for B&W, colour negs and slides. I bought it from an online
shop, called e-shop in Greece. It is Rollei DF-S 100 SE and cost me 65
euros in 2015, and produces acceptable results, as long as you have the
patience to clean the negatives, or slides. Getting your dimage to work
in win 10 might be a different kettle of fish.

---
http://www.avg.com