From: Dimitris Tzortzakakis <noone@nospam.com>
Subject: Re: Scanner problem : Never mind
From: Dimitris Tzortzakakis <noone@nospam.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2017 16:14:12 +0300
Στις 25/10/2017 8:39 μμ, ο philo έγραψε:
> On 10/25/2017 09:41 AM, philo wrote:
>> I have a two year old Epson V600 that gives me blue horizontal lines
>> when scanning slides.
>>

>> Per Google, most of the hits say to thoroughly clean both surfaces,
>> reboot and let the device re-calibrate.
>>

>> Tried that and it does not work.
>>
>> There is absolutely no debris inside the scanner.
>>
>> Anyone have any ideas?
>>

>> Thanks
>>

> I have another scanner, Nikon Coolscan 4000
>
> Blue lines are in exactly the same place so the problem is with the
> slides themselves.
>
> At least my Epson got a good cleaning
are they in glass holders?glass holders can do that (newton lines I
think they're called) if there's some light interference.better clean
them and try glassless holders, just for the scanning!mine have terrible
debris and dust, after sitting for almost 25 years in a closed slide tray.

---
http://www.avg.com