From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Subject: Re: NIK rises from the dead
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2017 15:04:05 -0700
From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
On Oct 26, 2017, PeterN wrote
(in article<ostlv702v2u@news6.newsguy.com>):

> On 10/26/2017 11:26 AM, Tony Cooper wrote:
> > On Thu, 26 Oct 2017 10:29:56 -0400, PeterN
> > <"peter,newdelete"@deleteverizon.net>  wrote:

> > > I have only used On1,

> > > Again, I have only used On1, and Topaz. For a quick and dirty adjustment
> > > I prefer Viveza.

> > > Topaz does a great job, but only on RAW images. I am starting to play
> > > with DxO again.
> > >

> > > Of course that is all opinion. What I like about NIK is the control
> > > points. With other filters I use masking and blending, which takes much
> > > longer, but it is more accurate, for me.
> >
> > Free isn't bad, either.
>
> I have been told that most of the plug in functions can be done in PS,
> without plugins.

All of the plugin functions can be done in PS without the plugins, but that
is a royal PIA. There is a reason many of us Pro and enthusiast are willing
to pay for those plugins. Some of us paid for the NIK apps before they were
free, and when they were among the best at what they do. As I have said, to
day there are better and folks are willing to pay for them.

--

Regards,
Savageduck