From: Davoud <star@sky.net>
Subject: Re: OT, kinda, video
From: Davoud <star@sky.net>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2017 20:19:25 -0400
Tony Cooper:

> While this isn't directly related to photography, it will be
> interesting to some here.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wxc3mKqKTk&feature=youtu.be
>
> There are those here who can't understand why someone would be
> interested in still doing film photography or developing their own
> film.  Those still shooting film, though, have an appreciation for the
> "old way" and an admiration of the mechanics involved.
>
> The video is about a guy who has a similar appreciation and admiration
> in a somewhat related area.

Touching, I guess, but I'm not big on nostalgia. I imagine he laments
the fact that you can do all of that and more with inexpensive software
on a tiny Mac Mini.

As for the darkroom, been there, done that. Smelly toxic chemicals that
had to be disposed of, stained hands and clothes, expensive supplies,
retouching for experts only. If there's anything I hate it's smug
purism.

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm