> Prev
From: newshound <newshound@stevejqr.plus.com>
Subject: Weird Picasa bug (only affects Lexmark printers?)
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
From: newshound <newshound@stevejqr.plus.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2017 16:00:16 +0100
I guess the serious posters here don't use Picasa, but thought it might
interest some lurkers or future searchers.

I use Picasa as a cheap and cheerful filing system that provides simple
basic editing (mostly I only need cropping and straightening).

I also write technical reports containing photographs of broken bits of
industrial plant, using Word. To keep the final file size down I tend to
use the Picasa "export" function to downsize the images to 1024 pixels.
(I know I could downsize further without affecting the printed report,
but this lets people pull reasonable images out of the Word file later
if they want to).

My reports look fine on screen (including print preview) and print
perfectly on a mono Laserjet and a Brother inkjet. But I use a Lexmark
(CS410dn) if I want hard copies. And these exported JPEGs, when inserted
into Word, don't then print correctly on the Lexmark, they print in the
correct sized frame on the paper but the image part is enlarged, showing
only the top left hand corner of the image, and cropping the rest.

After much trial and error, I've found it is the Picasa Export which
causes the problem. If you open and then save the JPEG in Paint
(overwriting the original file) the problem goes away.

(I just had to tell someone).