From: nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid>
Subject: Re: Weird Picasa bug (only affects Lexmark printers?)
Full headers:
From: nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2017 16:48:54 -0400
In article<rvadnT-Hm61HD27EnZ2dnUU78bPNnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>,
newshound<newshound@stevejqr.plus.com> wrote:

> >> After much trial and error, I've found it is the Picasa Export which
> >> causes the problem. If you open and then save the JPEG in Paint
> >> (overwriting the original file) the problem goes away.
> >
> > that doesn't mean it's a bug in picasa.
> >
> > if the jpeg from picasa is valid, then it's word and/or lexmark.
>
> But they behave fine with picasa files that havn't been compressed by
> Picasa export. So I think there is something wrong in the file header
> which either the Word print engine or the Lexmark is getting confused about.
>
> And the fact that just importing the file into Paint and saving it again
> clears the fault points to something in the JPEG.

different doesn't mean one is wrong.

can you post a sample jpeg exported from each app?

the content of the photos is completely irrelevant, as long as the
sizing issue can be duplicated.

take a photo of something random, or even fill it with black. no need
to share internal photos if you don't want to.

without examining the files, it sounds like the resolution tag, which
is sometimes used for initial image sizing/placement in some apps, is
set differently.

if that's the case, there is probably a default setting which can be
changed.

> > how did you validate the jpeg? or did you?
>
> I don't know how to.

that would be a no. :)