From: J.Albert <j.albert@nowhere.net>
Subject: Re: OT, kinda, video
Full headers:
From: "J.Albert" <j.albert@nowhere.net>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2017 22:21:44 -0400
On 10/27/17 10:20 AM, Davoud wrote:
> As for steam engines, I hear that Trump is promising to bring back the
> coal-fired locomotive.

There are probably plenty of railroads today, that remain
"coal-fired".

No, they may not be using steam engines.

Instead, they use modern electric locomotives running on
electricity generated in coal-burning power plants.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of China's newest high-speed
trains (they have a growing number of them) are
"coal-powered" ...

And someday, perhaps hundreds of years in the future, when
the oil has run out, when the natural gas has run out, when
nuclear power plants are but a faint memory in history, the
coal will still be there. Just dig it up, put it in the
locomotive tender, add water, and the trains will run that
way again...  ;)