From: nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid>
Subject: Re: OT, kinda, video
Full headers:
From: nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2017 00:48:57 -0400
References: <38189cd1-fa45-421b-99f2-361de524626b@googlegroups.com> <b194vct859l6pgjcv9dd66j3b2u136l7ru@4ax.com> <o697vcpt4sq6qgc8cd27vqooiue8inq3gb@4ax.com> <271020171732452825%nospam@nospam.invalid> <hpd7vclk1jmbncg5bc1iln0t51oueajg85@4ax.com> <271020171851477392%nospam@nospam.invalid> <6hs7vc581t86gj8v8g412fihnd5m54losm@4ax.com> <271020172318287476%nospam@nospam.invalid> <0001HW.1FA4302200474A8670000B2DD2CF@news.giganews.com> <ot3gim12qfi@news4.newsguy.com> <fijavchjqhi5dnql9vkon1bipnepdkpmvc@4ax.com>
In article<fijavchjqhi5dnql9vkon1bipnepdkpmvc@4ax.com>, Tony Cooper<tonycooper214@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> It is a figurative wall much like a gridiron scrimmage line could be
> >> considered a figurative wall, not a literal brick wall.
> >> You are being a bit too obtuse in pressing your POV.
> >
> >Is obtuse the correct word?
>
> Well, he is being obtuse in that he doesn't show any sign of
> understanding the metaphorical use of "wall".

now i do, but not when he initially said 'a giant wall is about to
descend'.

not everyone plays rugby and knows what the terminology is.

> Anyone should be quite familiar with that type of use.  We speak of a
> wall of water in a flash flood or tidal wave, a wall of obstruction by
> the opposing political party, a "Chinese wall" where information
> deliberately isn't shared, long distance runners hitting the wall, and
> many other types of walls that are not physical constructions.

he used the word wall without a descriptor ('a wall is about to
descend'), versus your examples (wall of water, chinese wall).

you bash me for not being clear (even when what i write is clear as can
be) yet you give a free pass when others are not.

> You might also say he's being excessively literal in ignoring that the
> word "wall" can be used metaphorically or allegorically (a symbolic
> representation).
>
> But, I would think that Eric would know by now that nospam enters
> threads with the sole intent to argue based on a pathetic need to be
> noticed and paid attention to.  Any response to nospam gets a response
> from nospam, so he is always the last to comment on anything.  He'll
> keep anything going to maintain face time here.

absolute utter nonsense.

you are *delusional* if you think that.

your post here is nothing more than an opportunity to bash and the
*only* reason you posted what you did.

your other posts completely twist what i say just to argue, including
when you know absolutely nothing about the topic, as was the case with
the dcc subthread, showing just how incredibly stupid you really are.