From: Tim Watts <tw_usenet@dionic.net>
Subject: Re: Lightroom CC
Full headers:
From: Tim Watts <tw_usenet@dionic.net>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2017 10:33:39 +0000
On a tangent, but under the same topic:

I just had a very quick play with Lightroom Web.

It's looking rather promising. I imported some photos (jpg and Lumix RAW).

I'm stuck in how to get a 1:1 preview to check focus, but other aspects
are looking good. Being able to basically organise stuff and have
instant access via the web and LR Mobile is cool.

The editing facilities are pretty cool for a web app too.

This is from someone who uses Linux and does not have the facilities to
run LR Classic well (Windows on a VM is painful).

My only concerns (apart from not being able to find out how to do a 1:1)
are:

1) The import is a bit vague - can I be sure it got all of them?

2) Colour tuning the screen... Linux is not great at colour management
anyway and now we have a browser in the way too. So how faithful is the
colour rendering? Do we need to go to an iPad Pro to really review stuff?