From: android <here@there.was>
Subject: Re: Lightroom CC
Full headers:
From: android <here@there.was>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2017 15:08:44 +0100
In article <291020170956045868%star@sky.net>, Davoud<star@sky.net>
wrote:

> Tim Watts:
>
> > On a tangent, but under the same topic:
> >
> > I just had a very quick play with Lightroom Web.
> >
> > It's looking rather promising. I imported some photos (jpg and Lumix RAW).
> >
> > I'm stuck in how to get a 1:1 preview to check focus, but other aspects
> > are looking good. Being able to basically organise stuff and have
> > instant access via the web and LR Mobile is cool.
> >
> > The editing facilities are pretty cool for a web app too.
> >
> > This is from someone who uses Linux and does not have the facilities to
> > run LR Classic well (Windows on a VM is painful).
> >

> > My only concerns (apart from not being able to find out how to do a 1:1)
> > are:
> >
> > 1) The import is a bit vague - can I be sure it got all of them?
> >
> > 2) Colour tuning the screen... Linux is not great at colour management
> > anyway and now we have a browser in the way too. So how faithful is the
> > colour rendering? Do we need to go to an iPad Pro to really review stuff?
>
> I don't do "Mac vs. whatever" and I'm *not* dissing your Linux system
> in any way. But if you're really into photography what you described
> above is a crying need for a 27" iMac. The display is phenomenal.

I had a looksie at the global centre, I live there Mac Premium Reseller
and I was not impressed. They had several units standing there and the
displays looked at tad shady. A Mini with a good third party display is
the prefered budget solution.

<https://lassetretusen.files.wordpress.com/2017/03/manhemi.png> :-))

Just got myself a new to me mini that can chew more RAM... I'm busy now
soo I'll have to do the migration at a later date.
--
teleportation kills