From: Mayayana <mayayana@invalid.nospam>
Subject: Re: Seagate 3TB hard drive class action lawsuits
From: "Mayayana" <mayayana@invalid.nospam>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2017 10:09:19 -0400
"Dimitris Tzortzakakis"<noone@nospam.com> wrote

|  I don't know about the 3TB ones but my 1TB Barracuda is going still
| stable after 3 years

   I remember reading, awhile back, about a group
of drives where only particular sizes were bad. I
don't remember whether that was Seagate.

   This week I'm repairing a laptop for a friend.
The WD Blue disk drive died after only 3 years. The
WD diagnotic software says, "Too many errors to
continue. Replace the drive." A lemon? A mistreated
drive? Maybe a Windows program that never stopped
accessing the disk? The last possibility I can probably
plan for when I set up the new system. But lemons?
Unfortunately, those are usually only known when it's
too late, if even then.

| My main drive is a class 5
| Intel SSD, with win 10 my ssytem boots in less than 20 secs! (Hope I'm
| not opening a can of worms, though).

  I'm also using SSD for main drive and disk drive
for secondary, with redundant storage. The SSDs
are quick, but reported to often go without
warning when they do go.