From: nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid>
Subject: Re: OT, kinda, video
From: nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2017 11:12:36 -0400
References: <hpd7vclk1jmbncg5bc1iln0t51oueajg85@4ax.com> <271020171851477392%nospam@nospam.invalid> <6hs7vc581t86gj8v8g412fihnd5m54losm@4ax.com> <271020172318287476%nospam@nospam.invalid> <0001HW.1FA4302200474A8670000B2DD2CF@news.giganews.com> <ot3gim12qfi@news4.newsguy.com> <fijavchjqhi5dnql9vkon1bipnepdkpmvc@4ax.com> <291020170048574037%nospam@nospam.invalid> <n5pavctau1j8hshfqmoa4g3h4c9ju4i2vj@4ax.com> <291020170921140946%nospam@nospam.invalid> <qanbvctu2qd0seed8p1ffltosh90dn69li@4ax.com>
In article<qanbvctu2qd0seed8p1ffltosh90dn69li@4ax.com>, Tony Cooper<tonycooper214@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> It's not rugby terminology.
> >
> >he said the game is rugby.
> >
> >if it's not rugby terminology, then how can anyone expect to know what
> >was meant.
>
> Most people could make the connection based on other metaphorical uses
> of "wall".  It's commonly done thing, and lack of exposure to sports
> has nothing to do with it.

it has everything to do with it.

as i said, i have zero interest in football or rugby and readily admit
i know nothing about the terminology used, nor do i care.

> To me, it's like a _New Yorker_ magazine cartoon that I don't get
> because it's a reference to something only a Manhatteanite would get.
> If I don't get it, I let it pass.  That's what you should have done.

bullshit you do.

you knew nothing about dcc and credit card processing, yet you argued
anyway, going so far to lie about what i said and had *no* idea on how
paypal even works.

and that's not the only example either. there are many others.

> >> I even gave you a 1929/1930s American
> >> football reference ("The Fordham Wall Still Stands") that you snipped.
> >> It's just a word that can be used in any context to describe a mass of
> >> opposition.
> >
> >i have *zero* interest in football and not up on the terminology, nor
> >do i care, whether it's modern or from 90 years ago.
> >
> >it's an incredibly stupid and boring game, one which causes brain
> >damage in the players,
>
> That's a perfectly valid opinion that is shared by many.

it's not an opinion when 99% of football players have cte. it's a
guarantee.

<http://nypost.com/2017/07/25/damning-study-all-but-one-nfler-studie...
d-brain-disease/>
  A new study on the link between playing football and CTE