From: Tim Watts <tw_usenet@dionic.net>
Subject: Re: Lightroom CC
Full headers:
From: Tim Watts <tw_usenet@dionic.net>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2017 17:09:25 +0000
On 29/10/17 13:56, Davoud wrote:
> Tim Watts:
>
>> On a tangent, but under the same topic:
>>
>> I just had a very quick play with Lightroom Web.
>>
>> It's looking rather promising. I imported some photos (jpg and Lumix RAW).
>>
>> I'm stuck in how to get a 1:1 preview to check focus, but other aspects
>> are looking good. Being able to basically organise stuff and have
>> instant access via the web and LR Mobile is cool.
>>
>> The editing facilities are pretty cool for a web app too.
>>
>> This is from someone who uses Linux and does not have the facilities to
>> run LR Classic well (Windows on a VM is painful).
>>

>> My only concerns (apart from not being able to find out how to do a 1:1)
>> are:
>>
>> 1) The import is a bit vague - can I be sure it got all of them?
>>
>> 2) Colour tuning the screen... Linux is not great at colour management
>> anyway and now we have a browser in the way too. So how faithful is the
>> colour rendering? Do we need to go to an iPad Pro to really review stuff?
>
> I don't do "Mac vs. whatever" and I'm *not* dissing your Linux system
> in any way. But if you're really into photography what you described
> above is a crying need for a 27" iMac. The display is phenomenal.

I'm kinda waiting to see what Apple bring out next. It's either going to
be a MacBook Pro (which is recently re-released) or something else.

I'd really like a Mac Mini v2 - something that is small, utilises the
same screen and keyboard as my other systems but has been refreshed to
have a decent CPU and loads of RAM.