From: Mayayana <mayayana@invalid.nospam>
Subject: Re: Windows 10. Horrible!
From: "Mayayana" <mayayana@invalid.nospam>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 11:04:47 -0400
"Rich A"<rander3127@gmail.com> wrote

> Wow!  Didn't know it had so many issues!

 There's a newsgroup for your issues:

alt.comp.os.windows-10

  But you didn't mention the biggest problem:
It's a moving target. Win10 will be whatever
Microsoft want it to be. The current version
is in a transitional state, with a vaguely defined
plan to fully convert it from a software platform
to an ad and/or rental fee-supported service.
They claim the right to force whatever updates
they like. And they're doing it. Some are reversible
if you're handy and dedicated. But the writing's
on the wall.

  If you look at the posts in the Win10 group
you'll see an unusual number are OT or from "trolls".
The rest are mostly about problems related to
an update. If you scratch a little deeper you'll
find that many of the people there are only
tinkerers exploring the latest Windows version --
not using it to do work.

  If you have the Pro version, if I remember correctly,
there's a "downgrade" option allowing you to install
Win7 or 8. (Personally I'd suggest 7. Win8 is basically
the same thing, but with the memory hogging, irrelevant
Metro services UI stuck on top.) If it's not Pro then
you're stuck with wherever Microsoft decides you
want to go today. You can save up and buy a Mac,
switch to Linux and give up your software, or swallow
your pride and buy an older Windows disk. (But if
you do that, be sure you can get drivers for all the
hardware.)