From: nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid>
Subject: Re: Windows 10. Horrible!
Full headers:
From: nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 13:10:04 -0400
In article<ot7lbq01gmh@news7.newsguy.com>, PeterN
<"peter,newdelete"@deleteverizon.net> wrote:

> > win10 is currently running on hundreds of millions of systems. nothing
> > is perfect, so there will be a few problems, but they're mostly minor.
>
> I have Win 7 on one machine and Win10 on my laptop. I have found nothing
> about Win10 that would induce me to upgrade.

win10's user interface is cleaner and better designed and has
significant internal changes, as compared with win7.

unfortunately, win10's design language is incredibly bland, something
an 8 year old could have come up with. perhaps there's a shortage of
good designers in redmond and that's what really happened.

> What I do not like is the
> update notification that comes, usually when I am engrossed in a
> project. To me it is an annoying distraction. What some claim is minor,
> is not to others.

that part is indeed annoying.

what i do is check for updates before i start doing anything so that it
doesn't interrupt, and accept the fact that one tuesday a month will be
a pain in the ass, especially when a major update is pushed.