From: Whisky-dave <whisky.dave@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Inca Trail and Battery Charging
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2017 09:29:59 -0700 (PDT)
From: Whisky-dave <whisky.dave@gmail.com>
On Tuesday, 31 October 2017 14:18:24 UTC, nospam  wrote:
> In article<c3e7c067-97f9-4589-81dc-75848bf64a26@googlegroups.com>,
> Whisky-dave<whisky.dave@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > That would be one advantage that film has (and appropriate camera) is that
> > you can take pictures without any form of electrical power.
>
> only if the camera has a mechanical shutter *and* the person guesses
> the exposure correctly *and* the shutter is not out of adjustment.

Not difficult for someone that knows what they are doing, it's been done for years in the past.
Someone that knows what they are doing could take a pretty good guess.

> perhaps they could stop at an antique store prior to the journey to
> find such a camera.

Well anyone that doesn't take enough batteries or a way to charge those batteries in a similar
sitution might be better off with film at least they'll get a result something they won't get with
dead batteries.

I believe those with pacemakers should take care too, one or our most famous DJs John Peel died on
machu picchu because of lack of oxygen.