Subject: Re: Windows 10. Horrible!
Full headers:
From: PeterN <"peter,newdelete"@deleteverizon.net>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2017 12:56:58 -0400
On 10/31/2017 12:06 PM, philo wrote:
> On 10/30/2017 02:17 AM, Rich A wrote:
>> Wow!  Didn't know it had so many issues!  Made a horrific mess of
>> running multiple different displays (even with specific video card
>> drivers), hides tons of stuff that I normally use (like control
>> panel). Boxes the active desktop into a frame INSIDE the main computer
>> screen, so it's smaller.  I'm sure there is a way around it, but I
>> couldn't be bothered. There are myriad issues with it, which I found
>> out looking up problems online.  Windows 8.1 is FAR better, IMO.
>>

> I have two , secondary use machines that I've upgrade to Win10, both
> work fine.
>

> My wife is the one who does the real, photo-processing work and I'm
> keeping it at Win7. It works perfectly and I do not want to take a
> chance with that machine.

My Win 10 machine works fine with Photoshop CC, Corel Painter 17, and a
slew of PS plugins. My younger daughter, who is a heavy graphics user,
(creative director,) uses Win 10. It works fine with the entire CC
suite. She had her choice of machines and decided on Win 10. In the
interest of fairness, may main machine is Win 7.

--
PeterN