From: Whisky-dave <whisky.dave@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Inca Trail and Battery Charging
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2017 06:19:03 -0700 (PDT)
From: Whisky-dave <whisky.dave@gmail.com>
On Wednesday, 1 November 2017 13:09:21 UTC, nospam  wrote:

> > > most people don't.
> >
> > Then that's what seperate photographers from picture takers.
>
> photographer means picture taker.

Not to those that know the difference.
But if you consider all photos to be snaps and those that take selfies portrait artists, then I'm an
 athelete .

> > > batteries are widely available.
> >
> > I wouldn't rely on getting a canon or nikon battery for a DLSR at the top of
> > machu picchu, have you been there ? I haven't but a friend has.
>
> bring spare batteries before you go, along with hundreds of rolls of
> film.

You should take what you need.

> don't blame nikon/canon for being unprepared.

I didn't, but don;t expect to buy the batteries you want at the top of machu picchu because there
isn't one, there isnlt a michelin restaurant either.

> meanwhile, those with digital cameras can shoot several thousand photos
> on a memory card the size of a postage stamp, and in some cases, on a
> single battery charge.

If they have charge in theior batteries if they have they'll get nothing on their memoery cards.