Subject: Re: Inca Trail and Battery Charging
Full headers:
From: PeterN <"peter,newdelete"@deleteverizon.net>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2017 13:29:46 -0400
On 11/1/2017 9:09 AM, nospam wrote:

<snip>

> meanwhile, those with digital cameras can shoot several thousand photos
> on a memory card the size of a postage stamp, and in some cases, on a
> single battery charge.

I suppose you know Which camera they use, and whether they shoot only in
RAW. Good quality high capacity cards are not cheap. I would find out at
which points there are provisions for back ups to the cloud. I would get
no higher capacity cards than they estimate will be shooting in one day,
+ a fudge factor of 25%. Bring as many cards, as days they will be away
from a place where they can backup to the cloud.

As I see it power for batteries is the biggest problem. Depending on
their camera's battery usage, figure battery usage per day, and bring
bring enough batteries to get them to the charging station furthest from
the preceding station. While there is a fair amount of  planning
involved. it is worth doing so.

--
PeterN