Subject: Re: Windows 10. Horrible!
Full headers:
From: PeterN <"peter,newdelete"@deleteverizon.net>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2017 13:46:44 -0400
On 11/1/2017 12:27 PM, David Taylor wrote:
> On 01/11/2017 13:21, Mayayana wrote:
>> "David Taylor"<david-taylor@blueyonder.co.uk.invalid> wrote

>> | []
>> |
>> | Try telling that to the UK's NHS and others:
>> |

>> https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/may/19/nhs-cyber-attack-ran...
>>

>>    ?? You don't seem to realize that you're illustrating
>> my point for me.==============================
>
> The point is that anyone running XP needs to be very careful if Internet
> connected.  That's all.  I don't accept your statement that networked
> machines shouldn't be connected to the Internet.

Some years ago I was talking about HIPPA rules with one of my doctors.
He his network was impenetrable. With his consent, I hacked into his
network in a few minutes. It was simply a matter of knowing him, and his
habits. His password was his license plate number, and he had a
ridiculous firewall. I was able to straighten that out for him. Internet
access was provided through a separate network, with only authorized
users having access to his router,

--
PeterN