From: Mayayana <mayayana@invalid.nospam>
Subject: Re: Geotagging app
Full headers:
From: "Mayayana" <mayayana@invalid.nospam>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2017 18:31:46 -0400
"Alfred Molon"<alfred_molon@yahoo.com> wrote

| Caan anybody recommend an Android app which records position and
| altitude, and later you can add that data to the exif of JPEGs and RAWs?
|
| I'm using O.I.Share for the E-M1 II but it doesn't record the altitude.

 I don't have an app suggestion, but a possible idea:
If you don't find it you might be able to rig up
something with Google maps, which does offer
altitude.
Sample:

Enter this URL into a browser and you'll get back the
elevation (in meters) for Boulder, CO. The text is
easily parsed and the whole thing can be automated.

maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/elevation/json?locations=40.014985,-105.270545

That request returns this:

{
   "results" : [
      {
         "elevation" : 1623.978393554688,
         "location" : {
            "lat" : 40.014985,
            "lng" : -105.270545
         },
         "resolution" : 19.08790397644043
      }
   ],
   "status" : "OK"
}

  But then of course there's the issue of auto-entering it
into your image files.