Subject: Re: Stuck Filters
Full headers:
From: PeterN <"peter,newdelete"@deleteverizon.net>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2017 13:52:07 -0500
On 11/6/2017 12:21 PM, Savageduck wrote:
> On Nov 6, 2017, PeterN wrote
> (in article<otpvla02a2u@news7.newsguy.com>):
>
>> On 11/5/2017 1:11 AM, Savageduck wrote:
>
> <<Snip>>
>
>>> Just go with a filter wrench, that is what they are designed for, and forget
>>> the hare-brained schemes.
>>
>> Yep.
>> The only filters I now use are: ND; variable ND; CP; and a variable fog.
>> I carry filter wrenches in my bag at all times, although I haven't had a
>> stuck filter in over ten years.
>
> When it comes to screw on filters I have ND, CPF, and only one Variable ND. I
> have not been impressed with the variable ND, and it doesn’t get that much
> use. Most recently I bought a few of the Hoya Solas IRND filters.
>
> <https://hoyafilterusa.com/product/hoya-solas-irnd-2/>

The variable ND allows me to compose without having to attach the filter
later. I only use the fixed ND when it is very bright. It is a ten stop.
In another post I mentioned that I was advised by B&H not to purchase an
item. It was any of the Lee type filters. I had wanted to get a
graduated ND filter. Watchagonnado.

--
PeterN