From: Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>
Subject: Re: Ah well...
Full headers:
From: Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2017 19:33:27 +1300
On Tue, 7 Nov 2017 11:01:57 +1100, Noons<wizofoz2k@yahoo.com.au>
wrote:

>They were warned quite a few times that dumping on their long term users
>was a BAD idea...
>
>https://www.dpreview.com/news/4726313125/nikon-will-shut-down-all-sa...
>
>Buh-bye, Nikon.
>You were once good, but...

I don't know the details of what Nikon is doing in Brazil but I expect
a major factor in whatever they are doing is the horrendous state of
the economy and internal conditions within Brazil. See
http://www.heritage.org/index/country/brazil
  "A political crisis that, along with declines in commodity prices,
   contributed to a sharp contraction of the economy has undermined
   consumer and investor confidence. Brazil’s fiscal condition has
   been severely compromised by a combination of high inflation,
   political paralysis, and widening budget deficits that have
   elevated the burden of public debt.

   The state’s interference in the economy has been heavy. The
   efficiency and overall quality of government services remain poor
   despite high government spending. Implementation of any reform
   program has proven difficult. Barriers to entrepreneurial activity
   include burdensome taxes, inefficient regulation, poor access to
   long-term financing, and a rigid labor market. The judicial system
   remains vulnerable to corruption.

.... and look at the economic data for the last few years:
https://www.focus-economics.com/countries/brazil
--

Regards,

Eric Stevens