From: Noons <wizofoz2k@yahoo.com.au>
Subject: Re: Ah well...
Full headers:
From: Noons <wizofoz2k@yahoo.com.au>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2017 18:58:48 +1100
On 7/11/2017 2:41 @wiz, Davoud wrote:
> Noons:
>> Buh-bye, Nikon. You were once good, but...
>
> Are you saying that Nikon no longer builds good cameras?

No.  They build the same boring old cameras that were great news 55
years ago: slrs.  The "D" in front is just for marketing.

The 850 is soooo expensive it might have been useful at another time
when folks were suckers enough to waste $$$ on the "mine has more
megapixels than yours" nonsense.
Nowadays?  No way!

And there is a little bit more about photography than just the cameras.
Lenses come to mind...

> I find that rather to be very unlikely. So what's the real reason for
Nikon's decline?

Aww, let me see...
Lack of modern products at a reasonable price, capable of keeping them
afloat while other companies sell a better product and stay on the market?