From: Whisky-dave <whisky.dave@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Windows 10. Horrible!
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2017 05:16:14 -0800 (PST)
<ota72v$a08$1@dont-email.me> <otaa0u01gl1@news4.newsguy.com>
<MPG.34630c823612378998cef3@news.supernews.com> <otbah6$10c3$1@gioia.aioe.org>
<otbuml$qkc$1@dont-email.me> <otchr5$v4h$1@gioia.aioe.org>
<otcslc$do7$1@dont-email.me> <85a3c925-23ef-4c09-b30a-9c1bfbbf2292@googlegroups.com>
<otf9e1$1kd$1@gioia.aioe.org> <bd0d2f62-eacf-4dc4-ab83-b46e6398757a@googlegroups.com>
<otfkge$ppg$1@gioia.aioe.org> <b699e45b-faea-48ac-b84f-692b8f9d638a@googlegroups.com>
<othskk$146l$1@gioia.aioe.org> <b222c236-570a-4e3d-83b3-7bd91886fa23@googlegroups.com>
<MPG.3466fea7effc29b998cef6@news.supernews.com> <otipsu$15ms$1@gioia.aioe.org>
<0f4e1412-65e0-4862-9eef-a89a9c53912c@googlegroups.com> <here-AD761B.13140506112017@news.individual.net>
<bdf16d0d-3acb-4251-b313-64731440d86e@googlegroups.com> <here-13EB19.11461307112017@news.individual.net>
From: Whisky-dave <whisky.dave@gmail.com>
On Tuesday, 7 November 2017 10:46:20 UTC, android  wrote:
> In article<bdf16d0d-3acb-4251-b313-64731440d86e@googlegroups.com>,
>  Whisky-dave<whisky.dave@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Monday, 6 November 2017 12:14:14 UTC, android  wrote:

> > > It's really not fair nor useful to compare mobile devices and tabs with
> > > proper PCs.
> >
> > what's a proper PC  and why not if people like my brother are using a tablet
> > rather than their PC.
>
> A proper PC has a display of at least 10", keyboard and can host MS
> Office.

A Mc can do that.
Or are you saying a computer is defined as something that you can run office on, which is pretty
pathetic.

https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/iosapps/how-get-microsoft-office-o...

> I have a tablet on me desk, but use less and less and then
> mostly for leisure surfing.

whatever that is.

> I guess that the personal assistant of your brother takes care of most
> typing oriented chores... ;-ppp

what personal assistant ?

> > > PCs empower the GP while tabs 'n pads depower it.
> >
> > No they don't.
>
> Sure they do...

you don't even know what you are talking about.

> > >No solution at all for
> > > those that want to do more than read webmail and communicate with HMHS
> > > and such,
> >
> > of which there are fewer and fewer.
>
> That's your problem now...

It's not mine. I sue the device that I need to for what I want to do.

> > What about teh millions of PCs sitting on hotel reception and all they do is
> > log who;'s currenty occupying the rooms.
>
> No they don't.

Talking shit again just go to any office reception asn see what they are using and for what purpose.

> > What about the 10 tabs we brought so we could registar the students in a
> > classroon rathe rthan having to send them all in a qute to a central room to
> > registar their attendance. Is it really better to have ONE PC or 10 tabs to
> > do the same job. The tabs were cheap £50 kindles, so far cheaper than having
> > ONE PC operated by ONE person with 400 odd students queueing for
> > registaration.
>
> As said tabs and pads have some limited functionalities and can be used
> for those, off course but do not replace the PC at the workplace nor at
> home.

They are doing so and have done and that is why PC sales are reducing and NOT increasing. You no
longer need to have a high end PC to do email, a phone can do it.
You should also note the drop in  consumer low-level camera sales  but you've probbaly missed that
to.

> > >sort of . Phones are gadgets on the side, useful on the go but
> > > do not replace PCs...
> >
> > Phones are phones, PCs are PCs.
> > It is far easier for us to get the students to photograph their hardware with
> > a phone than with a PC.
>
> PC are not sold for their camera functionality but phones are...

So what are they sold for considering numbers are dropping.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2017/04/12/pc-sales-grow-firs...

Technology researcher IDC said PC shipments had increased by 0.6pc in the first quarter of 2017, the
first quarter they had risen year-on-year since the same period in 2012.

However, competing data from Gartner said PC sales had fallen by 2.4pc in the quarter. Gartner said
that sales were now at their lowest level since early 2007.