From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Subject: Re: Apple fires iPhone X engineer after idiot "LOOK @ME!" daughter's hands-on video goes viral
Full headers:
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2017 07:44:38 -0800
From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
On Nov 7, 2017, nospam wrote
(in article<071120170952022218%nospam@nospam.invalid>):

> > > unless you have one of these:
> > >
> > > <https://newatlas.com/bulletproof-iphone-case-marudai/22195/>
> > > The armored case features an inch of solid steel embedded in the
> > > back, which is what gives the phone cover its bulletproof ability. To
> > > attach the case, the phone has to literally be bolted in using an
> > > Allen wrench. Marudai also claim that a bullet hitting one of the
> > > bolts will still leave your iPhone undamaged. But while the back of
> > > the case is solidly protected, the front screen is still completely
> > > uncovered so the phone's touchscreen can still be used.
> >
> > The first question is; why would anybody carry a 4.5 Lb phone?
>
> to protect against bullets. obviously.

Other than in a tactical situation, I just never thought of a phone of any
type, as a primary target for a shooter using any caliber weapon.

> and it wasn't all that long ago when phones weighed more than that, and
> without being able to stop a bullet:
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorola_Bag_Phone>

Yup! My old Nokia brick wasn’t exactly a lightweight.

> > The second is: why wouldn¹t you shoot at the screen side of that case?
>
> because the display would be facing inward when the phone is in the
> person's pocket.

The likelihood of a targeted individual gaining any protection from an
armored phone is very small. There also exists the possibility that a .50 BMG
hitting the body of a targeted individual, and hitting the screen side of the
armored phone as it traverses the body. It is not likely to save the
targetted individual.

<https://www.dropbox.com/s/21w9l2lb766x55g/Target-Aw.jpg>

--

Regards,