From: Tony Cooper <tonycooper214@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Ripe Apples
Full headers:
From: Tony Cooper <tonycooper214@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2017 23:10:11 -0500
On Tue, 7 Nov 2017 22:41:56 -0500, PeterN
<"peter,newdelete"@deleteverizon.net> wrote:

>On 11/7/2017 9:21 AM, Tony Cooper wrote:
>> On Tue, 7 Nov 2017 02:02:24 -0800 (PST), Whisky-dave
>><whisky.dave@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Ah yes the iLamp I wasn't a fan myself but why haven't they got a 15 year-old PC on display ;-)
>>
>> It's not a museum.  It's a newspaper office, and the units on display
>> are the units that were in use by the staff.
>>

>i had the privilege of visiting Armand Hammer's office that was heavily
>used, and also a fantastic museum, while it was still used as an office.
>You got there by invitation only, while Armand Hammer was still the
>president of Occidental Petroleum. I doubt if he consulted his Da Vinci
>sketches for business purposes.

I can top that.  When my son was 13, I took him with me on a business
trip to NYC.  An employee of mine went to school with one of the _Mad
Magazine_ artists, so we had an invitation to visit the offices.

Bill Gaines was extremely gracious and we sat in his office for about
half an hour while he recounted anecdotes about EC Comics and how Mad
got started.  Bill was a collector of miniature dirigibles and
airships.  He had a couple of dozen hanging from the ceiling of his
office.

The only disappointing thing about the visit was that none of the
artists or writers worked out of the Madison Avenue office, so we
didn't get to meet any of them.  They all worked out of their home or
their own office and couriered their material in.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida