From: Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>
Subject: Re: Apple fires iPhone X engineer after idiot "LOOK @ME!" daughter's hands-on video goes viral
Full headers:
From: Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
References: <d1d3d78993de711abf522a8430d3e426@dizum.com> <95df9efc-906b-4e73-894d-91d964fac9a5@googlegroups.com> <0001HW.1FB1759700039E0670000C23F2CF@news.giganews.com> <071120170107575890%nospam@nospam.invalid> <0001HW.1FB18B000008A2B170000C23F2CF@news.giganews.com> <071120170952022218%nospam@nospam.invalid> <0001HW.1FB20C660026F65A70000C23F2CF@news.giganews.com> <nus30dd2knhrt8r2hvsr8mshsn5nvmb3mi@4ax.com> <otttco01l3@news4.newsguy.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2017 20:18:37 +1300
On Tue, 7 Nov 2017 22:24:09 -0500, PeterN
<"peter,newdelete"@deleteverizon.net> wrote:

>On 11/7/2017 1:06 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:
>> On Tue, 07 Nov 2017 07:44:38 -0800, Savageduck
>> <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
>>
>>> On Nov 7, 2017, nospam wrote
>>> (in article<071120170952022218%nospam@nospam.invalid>):

>>> Other than in a tactical situation, I just never thought of a phone of any
>>> type, as a primary target for a shooter using any caliber weapon.

>>> Yup! My old Nokia brick wasn’t exactly a lightweight.
>>
>> My first mobile phone was hard-wired in the car.  The second was a bag
>> phone.  Then, a Motorola "brick".  A second battery had to be
>> available because the brick wouldn't always hold a charge for a full
>> day.  The claimed talk-time was 30 minutes, but that was greatly
>> exaggerated.  I didn't have a in-car charging system that plugged into
>> the cigar lighter.  I don't think they were available then, but I
>> might be wrong.
>>

>IIRC mine sat in a transmission and charging unit, in my car.

My first cellphone was a Mitsubishi.

When it was installed in mycar, there was a box which clipped onto a
frame on the back of the back seat, inside the trunk. There was a
shoe, which included a speaker, mounted between the two front seats
into which the handpiece was clipped. It had a remote microphone at
the top of the windscreen. I could control the whole thing from the
hand peice and use it as a hands free phone.

If I wanted to use it as a hand-carry phone I had to unclip the hand
piece from it's shoe, unplug the cable which connected the hand piece
to the shoe, and then remove the box from the trunk. I could then plug
the hand peice into the box and - voila - I had a phone which I could
use while I walked around. Mind you it took two hands. See
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/GnwAAOSwKkhZsqkV/s-l225.jpg for a
slightly hacked around one on Ebay.
--

Regards,