From: Whisky-dave <whisky.dave@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Windows 10. Horrible!
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2017 02:35:42 -0800 (PST)
<ota72v$a08$1@dont-email.me> <otaa0u01gl1@news4.newsguy.com>
<MPG.34630c823612378998cef3@news.supernews.com> <otbah6$10c3$1@gioia.aioe.org>
<otbuml$qkc$1@dont-email.me> <otchr5$v4h$1@gioia.aioe.org>
<otcslc$do7$1@dont-email.me> <85a3c925-23ef-4c09-b30a-9c1bfbbf2292@googlegroups.com>
<otf9e1$1kd$1@gioia.aioe.org> <bd0d2f62-eacf-4dc4-ab83-b46e6398757a@googlegroups.com>
<otfkge$ppg$1@gioia.aioe.org> <b699e45b-faea-48ac-b84f-692b8f9d638a@googlegroups.com>
<othskk$146l$1@gioia.aioe.org> <b222c236-570a-4e3d-83b3-7bd91886fa23@googlegroups.com>
<MPG.3466fea7effc29b998cef6@news.supernews.com> <otipsu$15ms$1@gioia.aioe.org>
<0f4e1412-65e0-4862-9eef-a89a9c53912c@googlegroups.com> <here-AD761B.13140506112017@news.individual.net>
<bdf16d0d-3acb-4251-b313-64731440d86e@googlegroups.com> <here-13EB19.11461307112017@news.individual.net>
<246956b6-03ed-4493-9a44-c65a7bf19a8d@googlegroups.com> <here-632E3D.15150907112017@news.individual.net>
From: Whisky-dave <whisky.dave@gmail.com>
On Tuesday, 7 November 2017 14:15:20 UTC, android  wrote:
> In article<246956b6-03ed-4493-9a44-c65a7bf19a8d@googlegroups.com>,
>  Whisky-dave<whisky.dave@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > So what are they sold for considering numbers are dropping.
> >
> > http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2017/04/12/pc-sales-grow-firs...
> > -years/
> >
> > Technology researcher IDC said PC shipments had increased by 0.6pc in the
> > first quarter of 2017, the first quarter they had risen year-on-year since
> > the same period in 2012.
> >
> > However, competing data from Gartner said PC sales had fallen by 2.4pc in the
> > quarter. Gartner said that sales were now at their lowest level since early
> > 2007.
>
> They don't distinguish between tabs/pads and phones.

But they do distinguish between those devices and PCs, that was the point.

> That that I see is
> that lots of folks got a tablet, tried it and moved on to a new PC.

That's not what it shows at all, what it shows is that people are buying portable devices adn NOT
buying desktop PCs

> They
> keep the tab by the sofa as a telly guide:

far easier than switching the PC on and going to the relivant website.
I can change channels using my iphone or ipad can you do that from your PC.

> "IDC's Jay Chou said that as sales of smartphones and tablets have
> risen, consumers had not stopped using PCs,

Except they have, thats what the stats show anyway.
I guess you haven't noticed that few PCs are advertised on the TV over the last few years.
Have you been to a shop that sels compters such as PC world or anywhere else recently. You'll notice
that there aren;t that many desktops on show mostly laptops, notebooks tablets and phones.

> but merely replaced them
> less often. He said the market is now entering a "replacement cycle"
> which should lead it to growth."

Yeah sure , we'll wait and see.