Next <
From: Whisky-dave <whisky.dave@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Ripe Apples
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2017 02:48:38 -0800 (PST)
From: Whisky-dave <whisky.dave@gmail.com>
On Wednesday, 8 November 2017 20:54:32 UTC, Eric Stevens  wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Nov 2017 03:01:05 -0800 (PST), Whisky-dave
><whisky.dave@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >On Tuesday, 7 November 2017 20:04:56 UTC, Eric Stevens  wrote:

> >> One like this?
> >> https://www.dropbox.com/s/xf9tygq4pcuv8uy/1LR-7502416.jpg?dl=0
> >>
> >> I bought it in 2002 and sold it early this year and as far as I know
> >> it's still going.
> >
> >But hardly on display, because compared to even the iLamp (which I think was the worse of the mac
designs) it's an ugly SoB like the majority of PCs, because they are designed for cheapness and it
shows.

> It was never on display becaujse most computers never are.

Most are hidden in buildings and never seen so like toiulets who cares.

>It might be
> an ugly SoB but that was largely because it was designed to hold a
> wide variety of hardware which could be installed or replaced without
> the use of any tools whatsoever. It was a very cost effective machine.

we've just stoped running our computer take apart course, the PCs did need tools, that's why we
supplied size 2 phillips screwdrivers and a flat blade screwdriver for the screws on the side of the
case, you had to remove the side to get to the HD which were secured in with screws as were the
graphic card(s) and all drives and the ethernet(s) cards, and access to plasters and a first aid kit
because of the sharp edges of the metal case.
But like the majority of consumer products few people want to take things apart nowerdays they just
want the to work. It's the same with cars, yuo donlt need to be able to change the headlight bulbs,
you dont need to carry a whole toolkit and parts in case you break down, because you can't repair or
replace the majority of the parts and fewer.