Subject: Re: Ah well...
Full headers:
From: PeterN <"peter,newdelete"@deleteverizon.net>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2017 12:55:46 -0500
On 11/9/2017 2:07 AM, Noons wrote:
> On 8/11/2017 1:52 @wiz, nospam wrote:
>
>>> No.  They build the same boring old cameras that were great news 55
>>> years ago: slrs.  The "D" in front is just for marketing.
>>
>> nonsense. the d is for digital. there weren't digital cameras 55 years
>> ago.
>
> But there were slrs.  And that is old news.
>

>>> Nowadays?  No way!
>>
>> considering what it can do, it's cheap.
>
> Like I said: nowadays? No way!
>

>> nikon lenses are quite good.
>
> when they work...
>

>>> Aww, let me see...
>>> Lack of modern products at a reasonable price, capable of keeping them
>>> afloat while other companies sell a better product and stay on the
>>> market?
>>
>> nonsense.
>
> Good.  Keep using their crap.
> I won't.

That's your choice. I own a bunch of Nikon lenses, some of them dating
back to about 1974. IIRC one lens I purchased was defective. It was
replaced on the spot. I recently had an issue with my D500, which is now
out of warranty. Nikon took care of the repair, at no cost. The original
reasons I went with Nikon were: at that time, they were the only ones
making a zoom lens in a range that I considered perfect for snapshots of
my kids. (43-86 f3.5, yes I know it is considered a crap lens, but it
was perfect for my use.) and the Nikon repair facility was about ten
minutes from my house.
I had tested other systems, and just didn't like the feel, or couldn't
afford them.

--
PeterN