From: Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>
Subject: Re: Jupiter photos
Full headers:
From: Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 09:31:30 +1300
On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 07:58:15 -0800 (PST), Whisky-dave<whisky.dave@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Thursday, 9 November 2017 14:20:16 UTC, Mayayana  wrote:
>> "David B."<DavidB@nomail.afraid.invalid> wrote
>>

>> http://www.sci-techuniverse.com/2017/11/nasas-1-billion-jupiter-pro...
>> |
>> | Fascinating images.
>>
>>   Except that the colors are made-up,
>
>all colours are made up, it;s what our eye does, colours don;t really exist.
>But I do no what you mean the colours are used to sperate things that are going on making them
easier to see. A bit less crude than a highlight pen :-)

>>so what
>> you're really seeing is sci-fi fantasy.
>
>Not really it's being  able to see more wavelenghs or more information than the human eye could
actually see.

>Itls a bit likke claiming that bats don;t fly at night because you can;t see them in the dark, in
ordee to see how they fly yuo could use infra-red light with an infra-red sensative camera, you'd
see bats flying but not their correct colour.

>It;s a bit like teh link below we can;t see carbon dioxide in the air but colouring it makes it
easier to see and understand,

>http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-41604760
>
>So as long as you appreciate this there shouldn't be a problem.

Except that is not any sort of a photographic image. Its a computer
generated diagram based on observational data.

--

Regards,

Eric Stevens