Subject: Re: On1 Photo RAW 2018 Final Release
Full headers:
From: PeterN <"peter,newdelete"@deleteverizon.net>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2017 21:36:17 -0500
On 11/9/2017 7:36 PM, Savageduck wrote:
> On1 Photo RAW 2018 Final Release Is here, and so far I am impressed. It is a
> great improvement over previous On1 products. I believe that it is good
> enough to be a viable Lightroom/Photoshop alternative for those looking for
> one.All the usual familiar stuff, including nondestructive layers, and Resize
> are available, and there are plenty of tutorials available for learning the
> finer points.
>
> For those continuing with an LR/PS workflow, On1 Photo RAW 2018 installs, and
> works as an LR&  PS plugin as it did in the past.
>
> Mac users also get an Apple Photos extension if they choose to go in that
> direction.
>
> <https://on1help.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001800631>
>
> <https://www.dropbox.com/s/nxzf2nbtwdz1b0y/screenshot_214.png>

It works fine for me, as a PS plugin. I am first starting to use LR
instead of Bridge and think it is far more convenient. For my workflow I
made a mistake in converting some of my NEF files to DNG when importing
them. I use Capture purely as an aid to diagnose problem files, so the
conversion to DNG removes that value for me. Also, I am surprised that I
am unable to find a free DNG codec from Adobe. I don't see any real
advantage in converting to DNG.

--
PeterN