From: android <here@there.was>
Subject: Re: Saw the new Panasonic G9 at the ProFusion show today
From: android <here@there.was>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 05:35:40 +0100
In article<0e6f2c5e-9e6a-4f86-bdaa-dca71912a002@googlegroups.com>,
 Rich A<rander3127@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 4:08:53 PM UTC-5, Alfred Molon wrote:
> > In article<c15a5988-788c-43ce-9e21-69011d62bf13@googlegroups.com>, Rich
> > A says...
> > > The body is around $2000.00.
> >
> > You mean Canadian dollars? Should be 1700 USD/Euro.
> >
> > The body is indeed big & heavy.
>
> It's magnesium (to its credit) and like a DSLR so yes, heavy.  IMO, this
> divergence from the original promise of the m4/3rds system (compactness) is
> probably a mistake.  Sony has even kept their FF bodies compact.

The sensor size of the m4/3 is inherited from the 4/3 that made the same
promise... I had an Olympus Evolt-E300 and it was not compact at all! I
turned out that if yu wanted the same brightness, noise and DOF as
achieved by larger sensor cams then you had to make and use big lenses
with a lot of glass. Lot's of pain but no gain...
--
teleportation kills