From: Whisky-dave <whisky.dave@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Jupiter photos
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 02:22:58 -0800 (PST)
From: Whisky-dave <whisky.dave@gmail.com>
On Thursday, 9 November 2017 20:31:31 UTC, Eric Stevens  wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 07:58:15 -0800 (PST), Whisky-dave
><whisky.dave@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >On Thursday, 9 November 2017 14:20:16 UTC, Mayayana  wrote:
> >> "David B."<DavidB@nomail.afraid.invalid> wrote
> >>

> >> http://www.sci-techuniverse.com/2017/11/nasas-1-billion-jupiter-pro...

> >>   Except that the colors are made-up,
> >
> >all colours are made up, it;s what our eye does, colours don;t really exist.
> >But I do no what you mean the colours are used to sperate things that are going on making them
easier to see. A bit less crude than a highlight pen :-)

> >>so what
> >> you're really seeing is sci-fi fantasy.
> >
> >Not really it's being  able to see more wavelenghs or more information than the human eye could
actually see.

> >Itls a bit likke claiming that bats don;t fly at night because you can;t see them in the dark, in
ordee to see how they fly yuo could use infra-red light with an infra-red sensative camera, you'd
see bats flying but not their correct colour.

> >It;s a bit like teh link below we can;t see carbon dioxide in the air but colouring it makes it
easier to see and understand,

> >http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-41604760
> >
> >So as long as you appreciate this there shouldn't be a problem.
> >
> Except that is not any sort of a photographic image. Its a computer
> generated diagram based on observational data.

No one said it was a photographic image, perhaps you assumed it was because you viewed it using your
eyes.