From: Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>
Subject: Re: Ripe Apples
Full headers:
From: Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
References: <091120170749009827%nospam@nospam.invalid> <D6KdneGjAP9axpnHnZ2dnUU7-KPNnZ2d@giganews.com> <091120170903187290%nospam@nospam.invalid> <ou25jh02sur@news4.newsguy.com> <091120171358179270%nospam@nospam.invalid> <3gl90d98dnuu5d5ba9057trc23dl1k5pi3@4ax.com> <091120172046047375%nospam@nospam.invalid> <sija0d53o5r79g5mnr874akap2os3qo2vh@4ax.com> <101120170818358311%nospam@nospam.invalid> <pf8c0dt3dphsgc19rc1cctb2lsffnol1eb@4ax.com> <101120171755124213%nospam@nospam.invalid>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2017 13:52:24 +1300
On Fri, 10 Nov 2017 17:55:12 -0500, nospam<nospam@nospam.invalid>
wrote:

>> >yes with desktop pcs.
>> >
>> >mac sales are up while the overall pc market is shrinking.
>>
>> You are changing the subject.
>
>nope.
>
>> We were originally comparing Apple and
>> Dell who of the latter you wrote (above) "assemblers, including HP and
>> Dell are run by stupid people .... pretty much, and a very accurate
>> assessment of dell." We were not discussing the overall PC market.
>
>yes we were.
>
>just what do you think market share is about, if not the pc market?
>
>hp, dell and apple are all part of the overall pc market.

But the data, the link to which you deleted showed that the "stupid
people" who run Dell have achieved twice the PC market share of Apple.
No wonder you deleted the link and are now trying to change the
subject.

>> >not that it matters since the future is not desktop pcs. that game is
>> >over.

>> >absolutely wrong.
>>
>> Why?
>
>common sense.
>
>do you really think those who buy a $200 netbook, a $1000 laptop, a
>$2000 midrange system and a $5000 high end workstation are the same
>sort of customers?
>
>not only are the customers different, but the product specs will also
>be different as well as the types of tasks done on them.

And their money is all equally good.
--

Regards,

Eric Stevens