From: nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid>
Subject: Re: Ripe Apples
From: nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 21:08:35 -0500
References: <091120170749009827%nospam@nospam.invalid> <D6KdneGjAP9axpnHnZ2dnUU7-KPNnZ2d@giganews.com> <091120170903187290%nospam@nospam.invalid> <ou25jh02sur@news4.newsguy.com> <091120171358179270%nospam@nospam.invalid> <3gl90d98dnuu5d5ba9057trc23dl1k5pi3@4ax.com> <091120172046047375%nospam@nospam.invalid> <sija0d53o5r79g5mnr874akap2os3qo2vh@4ax.com> <101120170818358311%nospam@nospam.invalid> <pf8c0dt3dphsgc19rc1cctb2lsffnol1eb@4ax.com> <101120171755124213%nospam@nospam.invalid> <h7ic0dhk7i6fj7crvf0bqs46o9epcp1ott@4ax.com>
In article<h7ic0dhk7i6fj7crvf0bqs46o9epcp1ott@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens<eric.stevens@sum.co.nz> wrote:

> >> You are changing the subject.
> >
> >nope.
> >
> >> We were originally comparing Apple and
> >> Dell who of the latter you wrote (above) "assemblers, including HP and
> >> Dell are run by stupid people .... pretty much, and a very accurate
> >> assessment of dell." We were not discussing the overall PC market.
> >
> >yes we were.
> >
> >just what do you think market share is about, if not the pc market?
> >
> >hp, dell and apple are all part of the overall pc market.
>
> But the data, the link to which you deleted showed that the "stupid
> people" who run Dell have achieved twice the PC market share of Apple.

dell targets a different market segment than apple. the bulk of dell's
sales are corporate contracts, not end user sales. apple's sales are
mostly consumer, a segment dell is extremely weak. for retail sales,
apple owns it. how many dell stores do you see? zero. they were closed
long ago.

but as i said, apple isn't chasing market share.

also, despite apple's supposedly low (and entirely meaningless) market
share, apple is raking in the bucks, more than hp and dell *combined*:
<http://www.asymco.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Screen-Shot-2013-0...
at-4-16-4.16.46-PM.png>

as i said:

> No wonder you deleted the link and are now trying to change the
> subject.

nope. i'm exactly on subject, and understand apple *far* better than
you do.

> >> Why?
> >
> >common sense.
> >
> >do you really think those who buy a $200 netbook, a $1000 laptop, a
> >$2000 midrange system and a $5000 high end workstation are the same
> >sort of customers?
> >
> >not only are the customers different, but the product specs will also
> >be different as well as the types of tasks done on them.
>
> And their money is all equally good.

whoosh.