From: Dimitris Tzortzakakis <noone@nospam.com>
Subject: Re: Cheap SD Cards
From: Dimitris Tzortzakakis <noone@nospam.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2017 13:00:51 +0200
Στις 17/11/2017 4:49 πμ, ο PeterN έγραψε:

> Sunday I did a quick sunset shoot. Out of 46 images, several had weird
> colors in unusual portions of the images. Magenta, purple and blue. The
> weird colors did not show up when being viewed in Windows explorer, but
> were evident in LR. The strange colors did not show up in Bridge, unless
> I opened the image in ACR. The weird colors were quite evident in the
> On1 browser and in Capture NXD. I must add that more weird colored
> images showed up when viewed in the On1 browser, than with any other
> method. My conclusion is that the corruption was caused by a bad card.
> I am not interested in placing blame. I am interested in the problem not
> recurring. For the first time since I've been shooting digital, I used a
> card other than Lexar or Sandisk. Fortunately, those shots were just
> intended to be background sky shots, so i had no real loss. It is
> however the first time I have had files that were corrupted. I am
> writing this to blow off some steam, and remind others who may have been
> getting away with using cheap cards, that they have been lucky.
>

>   --
> PeterN
Ditto for me , peter. I bought a Nikon P&S in Glasgow for my niece, I
don't remember now the exact model, but it was 50 pounds IIRC. It was a
nice shop near the Clyde river. I bought a cheap card (5 pounds) but it
didn't last more than a year. I tried in vain to recover the images, and
my niece wated them because they went to the mountains to see the
snow.From now on I'm always getting brand name cards even if they cost a
couple of euros more.My Nytech takes a 2GB card only, but I found a shop
in the 'net that still had them. It's now on its third card and on its
third set of batteries.

---
http://www.avg.com