From: croy <hate@spam.invalid.net>
Subject: Re: Cheap SD Cards
Full headers:
From: croy <hate@spam.invalid.net>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2017 07:46:28 -0800
On Thu, 16 Nov 2017 19:50:30 -0800, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

>I have not experienced any corruption issues with either brand, but with one
>Lexar 32GB 300MB/s SDHC UHS-II/U3 the lock slider was displaced on
>re-inserting it into my X-T2. That effectively turned it into a read only
>card which, after much trying, proved to be unrepairable. So that was a $65
>card down the tubes.

I had that happen on a card a few years back, and found info on the web, telling me that the
tiny lock slider, when in read mode, is just filling a space.  Apparently, the camera has a
"feeler", checking to see if it can drop into that space or not.  If not, it's a R/W card!  So
I carefully put some epoxy in that space, and am still using the card.  I just can't use the
lock.

--
croy